Monday 28 July 2014

Weekend Manicure- Checkerboard Nails!




Okay so you've all probably guessed... I LOVE nail art! Trying out new and funky designs is one of my favourite things to do! My friends are always happy to help out because they get to be my hand models for new ideas LOL

Instagram and twitter are great #inspiration for new ideas. If you hashtag '#nailart',  '#naildesigns' or anything along those lines loads of beautiful and colourful designs will pop up on your screen. You tube is great for tutorials! 

 I bought acrylic paint a while ago and have been doing a few more detailed designs and here is the latest...


I bought the WAH NAILS book of nail art which inspired this cooolio piece:)
This is a step by step tutorial on how to create it yourself.



After filling in the squares I originally marked out with my black acrylic paint I went over the lines again to make it look more even.
It was the first time I used acrylic paint (I bought a mini set in tiger for 4 euro!  #bargain) and thought it was great because it dried in so fast! 

Tip of the Week:
Whatever you do during the week make sure you take some self care time out for yourself:) Do something you love it could be read a book, paint your nails, take a bath or watch a movie! 

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment