Monday 5 August 2013

Benefiting from benefit;)

So recently I went for a job in benefit but unfortunately I didn't get it. Its ok though because I believe everything happens for a reason:) If you try once and don't succeed, that doesn't mean you give up, right ?:)
The recruitment team told me I didn't have enough knowledge about the brand which led me to do a bit of research I would like to share with you...

Did you know......

Benefit was founded in 1976 when modeling twins Jean and Jane Ford retired from their modelling career. They weren't sure what to do next and their decision whether to set up a beauty boutique or a casserole cafe was  based on a coin toss!! Can you believe it ?:O I couldn't when I first read it either lol! A casserole cafe and a beauty boutique are complete opposites! Tails for a beauty boutique or heads for a casserole cafe. Thank goodness it landed on tails or we wouldn't have all the fun quirky make up products by benefit in our make up bags today :) 



They set up their beauty boutique 'The Face Place' in San Francisco in 1976. It was originally a place where women would come to them with their 'beauty problems' and 'flaws' then the twins would come up with a product to correct this 'flaw'.

A funny story I came across was the origin of the product 'benetint'. About a year after the twins set up 'The Face Place' an exotic dancer arrived in their shop. Her request was that she wanted a product that gave her nipples a rosy colour,  AND VOILAA!  Bentint was created!!
Today Bentint is one of Benefit's most popular product, it is a rose-tinted lip and cheek stain and next on my shopping list:)  Did you know one is sold every minute! That means approx. 30 have been sold since I began writing this post! 



Today Benefit is known for its quirky and creative products! The names of the products and the cute and girly packaging is one of my favourite things about the brand. It makes their products stand out from any other brand because of the humorous names:) Hopefully with all my new knowledge about the brand I will be successful the next time they are recruiting and if not thats cool too because maybe my life is to take another path, who knows ? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment