Sunday 29 June 2014

2 Delicious Recipes for Overripe Bananas- Sunday Baking:)

Sunday in my house is the only day when everyone is off work so today my mam and I decided to have a go at a bit of baking:)

We had a few browning bananas (I always call them the gone off bananas) in the fruit bowl and instead of throwing them out we thought we'd put that yummy potassium goodness to use lol.


On twitter during the week I seen a link to 5 ways to use overripe bananas and tried out 2 of them.
First up was the 'Banana Walnut Oat Bars' (sounds yummy I know;)) 
The ingredients you need are...
  • Overripe bananas
  • Cinnamom
  • Nuts of choice (I choose walnuts and cashew nuts because they're my fav) 
  • Oats
  • Milk 




Basically you just mix it all up in a big bowl and distribute them into little cake cases:). I didn't really measure out the ingredients and just went with what felt right.  Whats great about using the overripe bananas is that they are really sweet so I thought there was no need to add in sugar. But if you've a bit of a sweet tooth id say go ahead and add some sugar in.:) 
Cook at 180 degrees Celsius (gas mark 4) for about 30 mins. 
They come out looking a little something like this...


And taste a little something like this...



The second batch of goods we made are called 'Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies'. These were my favorite because it involved using a nut butter and oh boy do I love peanut butter!:) 
Ingredients include...
  • Nut butter of choice (I used crunchy peanut butter)
  • Oats
  • Raisins
  • Overripe bananas
  • Cinnamom
  • Vanilla extract
  • Sugar if you want some extra sweetness



Same thing again mix it all around and place into little cake cases. I would cook them at the same temp of 180 degrees but keep checking them as I found the raisins I used burnt a tad. 
They turned out a little something like this...


The smell of peanut butter in my house while they were cooking was amazing! 

Hope you try out one of these nutritious snacks and share it with me on facebook, twitter or instagram:) 

Happy baking! 
Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment