Wednesday 3 September 2014

20 Quotes for 20 years...

So it's the week of my 20th birthday. I am well and truly classified an adult now! But you know what they say, you never really grow up, you just learn how to behave in public.  Ha Ha!
 Growing up and accepting I've a lot more responsibility is scary, but that's just life. It is all part of this wonderful journey I am on and instead of being afraid of my twenties and growing up I say 'BRING IT ON'...

  
Teenage years are challenging for most people, with trying to 'figure out' who you are combined with a bunch of people, magazines and the world trying to tell you who you are 'supposed' to be.

The last two years have thought me a lot about what is really important in life.
We don't need to 'fit in' to any category that has been created to try label us as a certain 'type' of person, whether it be gay, party pooper, book worm, fat, skinny, small, tall etc. the list could go on forever.
 EVERY person on this earth (that means you) is unique and beautiful in their own way. No two people are the same, which means generalising a certain group of people just doesn't make sense. We need to get to know and accept every person we meet for them.

I wish I seen things as clearly in my teens as I do now because it would of made things a hell of a lot easier!
But I'm glad I know what I know now and want to share with you all my top 20 favourite quotes which are a nice reminder of life and the things that really matter :)

1.      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"-Dr.Seuss
Life is waaaaay too short to be wasting energy and worrying about what other people think of you. Don't waste time trying to be anyone but you. There are some people on this earth that no matter what you do they will always find something to criticize you about. What you think of yourself is the most important opinion of all.

2.      "Everything will work out in the end, if it doesn't work out it isn't the end" -The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
When you think life just isn't going your way and nothing is working out, remember this is not how your story will end! There is always tomorrow. Life will turn around all you need is a little bit of trust and patience.

3.      "What is meant for you won't pass you."
When I think of all the things in the past I worried about, everything always worked out as it should (even though it may not be what I originally planned/wanted). So trust the universe we are part of a bigger plan. Go with the natural current of your life.

 4.  "Do something today your future self will thank you for"
I have so many dreams that just seem too big to ever reach or achieve but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. Things take time and achieving your dreams doesn't just happen overnight. So instead do something small every day that will get you closer to what you want the most. :)

5.      "Start each day with a grateful heart"
I am sometimes guilty of focusing on what I don't have in my life rather than all the wonderful and beautiful gifts, people, talents and things I DO HAVE! We are a lot richer than we realise. Good things happen everyday, no matter how small! It could be as simple as getting the green man to cross the road twice in a row LOL When we count out blessings not our worries the world seems like a lighter and nicer place to live.

6.     "Be yourself, no one can say you’re doing it wrong."
Don't waste time pretending to be someone else so you can 'fit in'. By being yourself you attract similar people into your life. I would rather be myself and have no one rather than pretend to be someone else and live a life that is a lie.

7.      "Never give up you don't know who you're inspiring!"


This has to be one of my favourite pictures ever. When times get tough and the easiest thing to do seems like giving up, DON'T! The toughest times bring the best learning's and arise their ugly ahead just before you reach your goal! Moral of the story -never give up till you get what you want J

8. "Always believe something amazing will happen."
Rather the thinking of all the things that could go wrong such as 'I'm going to fail this exam', ' I won't be able to get a job' etc etc. Think of all the wonderful things that could go RIGHT! What you think you attract. Thinking of the things that could go right is a much nicer and better way to spend your time and energy on, AND imagine if they actually came true? Allow yourself to dream.

9.      "If you are sad you're living in the past, if you're stressed you're living in the future, if you are at peace you’re living in the present."-Lao Tzu
How amazing is it to think at this very moment you are safe, nothing is wrong. Don't think about what might or might not happen tomorrow or next week you can deal with it then. Right now breathe and feel peace knowing you can achieve anything you put your mind to.

10. "The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you've come."
Over analysing is like a parasite. Thinking about what I could have done or said in different situations, playing moments over and over in my head doesn't change it or make a situation any better. The past is the past and I can never go back to that moment again. It serves no purpose to my present moment so the best thing to do is learn from the past and move on.

11.   "Everyday... holds the possibility of a miracle"
Each day is a new beginning. It's exciting to think we have no idea what could happen in our day! We could meet the love of our life or meet someone who will one day be a friend you can't live without! Miracles happen every day, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you.

12. 'Life is like a ship, you sail it in whatever direction you choose'
You are in control of your life, no one else. The decisions you make every day mould you into the person you are and dictate your direction and path in life. If you aren't happy with the way thing are going change it! In the past I've spent too much time focusing on the people around me, but now it’s time to make decisions by me for me! 'Life is a journey, enjoy it!

 

13.  "Tears are natural pain killers"
Wow well what can I say...? I cry when I'm happy, sad, and angry you name it lol I'm surprised my tear ducts haven't ran out yet! People sometimes think they shouldn't cry or that it's a bad thing but personally I feel a lot better after letting it out then moving on. When you don't know what to say tears can say it all.

14. "There's always the option of deciding for yourself who you are and what you'll become" -Jodi Meadows
The world is full of opportunities to do whatever your heart desires! The options are endless. When you find out who you are and what you want from your life and what you want your purpose to be, GO FOR IT! Go for it and don't let anyone try to talk you out of it. YOU DECIDE how you want your journey to go.

15.   "I'd rather be someone’s shot of tequila rather than someone’s cup of tea"
Not everyone you meet will like you, so why stress yourself out trying to make them like you? People will always find a way to talk down your brilliance but don't let them. Keep your head hide and continue doing what's right for YOU! By being yourself it will attract those into your life that compliment your values and actions not talk them down. :)

16.   Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.- Oscar Wilde
How do I want to be remembered? This is a question I’ve been asking myself a lot lately. I want to be remembered as someone who was kind to everyone I met, a great friend, and a good laugh and never let anything keep her down! I believe everyone has an energy around that shifts the energy in a room when they enter, I want my energy to be one full of enthusiasm and laughter!

17.   "What’s the point of rushing getting things done if you can't enjoy it?"
Life is busy with lots of things to do throughout the day but what’s the worst that could happen if we were to slow down and actually enjoy the little things during the day we would normally dismiss because we are so busy busy busy...

18.   "Whether you think you can or you think you can’t you're right"
The mind is a powerful too, we choose what we think is right and wrong in the world. Because we think a certain way doesn't make it true. Use your powerful tool to benefit you and your life- if you can dream it you can achieve it!

19."Never say anything about yourself you don't want to come true"
Last Christmas I got this book called the secret. It is about how we create our lives by minds. What we think we attract. Those who speak most of illness have illness; those who speak of wealth attract wealth. It just made sense to me when I read it. What I learnt from this book is to only think of the things I want in my life and if it’s meant to be the universe will bring them to me. It’s easier said than done, but I'm working on it lol

20. "I don't care what you think of me I don't think of you at all"- Coco Chanel

Such a simple but powerful quote by the fabulous Coco Chanel! Don't stop yourself from pursuing what you love because of fear from what others think, if you like to do something then sure feck what others think. We are on this earth once so why waste it not doing what you enjoy?



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment