Thursday 25 September 2014

Nail Art Trio in 5 Simple Steps!

The wonderful Sarah Scott owner of the blog beautyblundersandotherwonders.com asked me to be a guest blogger while she was away in Florida! If you love finding out about the lastest beauty buys and knowing about the best dupes (including the naked palette!) you would love reading all the adventures she gets up to!
You can also check out this post over at Beauty Blunders if you click the link up there.^^^^ 
So I've put together a trio of Nail tutorials were you can create the designs yourself in 5 or less simple steps.
I used fake nails because my nails are abit short atm. I prefare working with longer nails anyways so its win-win situation LOL.

 These are all the materials I used...




These nails are GREAT! I got them in pennys for €1.50, bargain I know! I got the nude ones because they are easier to paint over. I picked out different nail sizes and stuck them on a nail wheel with blue tack so they would be easier to paint.



First design: The 'Yin-Yang'. 

Step one: Paint the nail using a thick white polish. I used a 'Barry M' white and did 3 coats. Some whites can be watery so make sure you do enough coats to make sure no other colours are popping through. 
Step two: I got a brush and painted the swirl of the yin-yang on the nail using black acrylic paint. 
Step three: When this dried in I painted one half of the nail black.
Step four: I then got a black and white dotting tool and made a big dot in the opposite colour from the half I was painting. 
Step five: Wait until dry and apply a clear top coat 


Second design: 'Aztec'

Step One: Using a thin brush, paint two or three (depending on the length of your nail) black lines going across the nail. Don't worry if it's a tad messy we can fix it up laters;) 
Step Two: Fill in the marked off boxes with whatever colour you like. I choose an aqua green and reddish colour.
Step Three: Go over the black lines you originally painted and now try make them as straight as you can.
Step Four: Using black and white dotting tools and brushes design the colours you just painted with dots, lines, zigzags whatever you like. Get creative and make it your own!. I went simple and just painted zig zags and poka dots. 
Step Five: Wait till dry and apply a clear top coat.


Third design: 'Cheetah Print' #RAWR

Step One: Pick the colour/colours you want the cheetah dots to be. Make a few scattered dots (not too thick) all over the nail. Don't be afraid to mess up because it's all trial and error and about seeing what works and what doesn't.
Step two: Make little semi-circles using a black dotting tool around the coloured dots. It looks better if the semi-circles don't meet and there's a gap between them.
Step Three: Fill in the rest of the nail with little black squiggles and dots. 
Step Four: Wait till dry and paint with a clear coat.

 


The end result looks a little something like this...



I would love if you tried out some of these designs and tagged me on instagram @brightwithdelight or on twitter @karenmccord94 .
Stay tuned to my instagram account as I will be posting a short video on how to create these and more nail designs!



No comments:

Post a Comment