Saturday 20 September 2014

Attention Coffee Lovers- There's a New Kid In Town!

Machta Tea & Lattes

Us Irish are known for loving a good owl cuppa, it's the remedy for almost everything! A cold, a broken heart or even a fight with a friend.
What if I told you there's a new type of tea/coffee on the scene that offers you 137 times the amount of antioxidants than your regular cup of green tea? It goes by the name of 'Machta'...
 And with the new 'health buzz' which seems to be the 'in' thing these days it's no wonder it's become so popular in Ireland. Kaph on Drury street is said to sell 300 machtas a week!


Machta Latte

Machta was first used in Japan by Monks who needed to remain calm but focused throughout their day of meditation.
 It's high in L-Theanine, which is an amino acid that actually promotes relaxation and well-being AND improves the brains functioning. It is the highest quality powdered green tea available.
When you drink Matcha tea you take in the whole leaf not just diluted water like green tea. It has also been nicknamed the 'natural cocaine' because it gives you SIX hours of energy, similar to coffee without the jitters and crash afterwards. 

 Some of the benefits of Machta Include:

  1. ·Stress Relief 
  2. ·Natural Energy Boost
  3. ·Fortifies the Immune System
  4. ·Fights against viruses and bacteria
  5. ·Rich in fiber
  6. ·High in antioxidants
  7. ·Boosts metabolism
  8. ·Enhances Calm
  9. ·Boosts Memory and Concentration
  10. ·Detoxifies the Body


In Japan they add it into everything, including KIT-KATS!! It’s probably not long before those magic kit-kats make their way over to us in Europe!


 My Experience 
After hearing about this magic new coffee I decided to buy a Machta Latte from Póg on Bachelors Walk during my lunch break! I am a self-confessed coffee addict and couldn't wait to try it out. I was expecting a coffee taste but it tasted nothing like coffee lol It didn't taste like green tea either which is a good thing in my eyes because I’m not a big fan of the taste green tea! It reminded me of warm milk as it had just the right amount of sweetness. I wouldn't say it was 'bad' but it was different. I did feel really, REALLY awake for the day like I had an unlimited supply of energy and I was even more excitable and giddy than usual. It was nice but just not what I was expecting. I would probably need to try it again to 100% know fo shizzle if I like it.


You can also make your own Machta tea at home by buying supplies from most health shops but it's kinda pricey which is why most people just buy it in cafés. 

Make your own Machta Tea


These are some places I know of in Dublin that sell it:

·Kaph - South Inner City 31 Drury Street, Dublin 2
·Oolong Flower Power Tea Shop - South Inner City, 4 Stephen Street Lower, Dublin 2
·Tea Garden -North Inner City, 7 Lower Ormond Quay, Dublin 1
·Oya Café- 7 A Richmond Street South, Dublin 2
·KC Peaches - South Inner City, 2829 Nassau Street,Dublin 2
·Cracked Nut - 71 Camden Street, Dublin 2
·Póg - North Inner City, 32 Bachelors Walk, Dublin




No comments:

Post a Comment