Sunday 28 September 2014

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer

Okay I admit it, I fell for the 3 for 2 offer in boots this weekend! #guilty Sure look, I'm only human LOL...

But I'm excited to tell you about the great purchases I made! I bought 3 of Maybellines Color Show Nail Lacquers.

  • The first one is what I like to call a mermaid blue colour which is funny because it's called 'Ocean Blue'.
  • Secondly a deep purple colour called 'Noite De Gal' , I know it will be used a lot coming into the winter months!
  • And last but not least a top coat that is part of the 'Street Art' range called 'White Splatter'!

'Ocean Blue' with top coat 'White Splatter'

So what'the difference between Nail Lacquer And Nail Polish, I hear you ask??
Well since you asked...
I find nail lacquer dries much faster than regular nail polish. When I use nail polish I try to be really careful for at least an hour afterwards because it's always sticky but when I used the lacquer it was dry completely within 60 seconds! So it would be perfect if you leave getting ready till the last minute like myself and always end up smudging your nails running out the door...
Also Nail lacquer is said to be stronger then nail polish which means it doesn't chip as fast. I seem to have nails that chip 2 minutes after painting my nails so anything that prevents chipping is good in my eyes:)


They still do the same job at the end of the day but I did like using the lacquer and could even get away without a top coat because it came up really shiny when it dried!

The Maybelline Color show range was the offical nail color of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York!


On the Maybelline website it says for best results apply a base coat but I find when I have no base coat it lasts longer because when the nail is dry and you paint it, the color sticks to your nail more. 

'Noite De Gal' with top coat 'White Splatter' 

I really loved the top coat 'White Splatter', I used two-three coats and it turned out really funky. It looks like someone spray painted my nails and turned out like a graffiti wall!
So if you find yourself in boots taken in by the 3 for 2 offers I would really recommend these nail lacquers!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment